Friday, September 18, 2015

Welcome to Your New Source for JCCS Tech News and Information

As we begin our new school year, I must admit I am very excited to work with everyone in our organization to spread the love of all things tech and learning!

For the last few years, we have been working on making JCCS a 1:1 chromebook environment. We are getting close to this realization. While this journey has been long, I think it will ultimately make our students better prepared for a tech-infused world. Now that we have the tools, it's time to use them to transform student learning and connect students to a diverse global society. 

Speaking of the world, I had the incredible opportunity to take my family to Europe this summer. As part of this trip, I visited the Google offices in Amsterdam and participated in a Moonshot Summit. It was a gathering of 50 global educators with the desire to change the world of education. If left there energized and hopeful. I hope you are all as excited as I am for the new school year. 

I have spent the better part of the last two weeks getting all of the tech structures in place. I am very close to having Hapara, GoGuardian, and Haiku at full capacity. I have communicated with many of you over the last two weeks and you have been very helpful with feedback on how the systems are working. Please continue to communicate with me as we work to make the back end tech seamless and functional.

Changes have been plentiful, but it is important that you know where to go and who to talk to to get your tech needs met. To this end, I have worked with Jacquie Mallard, Rodney Gast, Stephanie Austin, Aaron Jacobson, Wendell Callahan, Erica Balakian, and Sean Morrill to give you a list of who to call based on your tech needs. You will find the flow chart at the top if this blog and it's in the JCCS Tech folder linked on the right.

Please feel free to leave a comment on this blog post if you have any questions or would like to connect with me in the near future. I plan to update this blog on a weekly basis to share the awesome work I see in my travels and to share cool ideas I discover through my personal learning network (PLN).

Be Awesome,
jeff





No comments:

Post a Comment