Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Have You Met My Maps?

For those of you who are already loving the use of GAFE in your classrooms, I want to ensure that you know about one of the newest features of the Google Drive family: My  Maps. Since chromebooks do not support Google Earth, many of you may have thought you couldn't do cool things with maps. . . Well, now you can.
My Maps uses Google Maps ecosystem to allow users to create really cool maps, with added layers for complexity, and the ability to add images, text, or video to a map marker. You can also share your maps publicly for other to view. Also, just like all other Google Drive apps, it is collaborative. You can share a map just like you would share a Google Doc. Sound cool?

Chech out this quick screencast I created for instructions on how to use Google Forms, Sheets, and My Maps for a fun classroom project. This is a fun way to get started. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like help designing a lesson using these tools in your class!

Be Awesome,

jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment