Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Wish I Knew How to. . .I Would Love to Share about . . .

As we move to almost a complete 1:1 chromebook environment, it's time to take inventory of where we are and think about where we want to go as an organization. It's one thing to have a 1:1 computer to student ratio, it's another to be an organization that leverages the technology to transform student learning. Most of you have taken LEC or Digital Literacies; however, just taking the course doesn't ensure you are ready to integrate the technology in ways that truly transform student learning. What's next? That is the topic of this week's blog.
The title of this post is essentially a starting point. Let me give you some background on how I have spent the beginning of the school year. I have spent the better part of the last two months configuring and managing our current technology: Chromebooks/chromebook distribution, Hapara, GoGuardian, Haiku, etc.  In the last month, we have delivered approximately ten chromebook carts to teachers. Working closely with IT, we are still sending out carts and have ordered more chromebooks and carts. We will continue to distribute carts and chromebooks as they come in. I would like to spend the rest of the year working on effectively using all of this technology. To that end, I am going to request some input and assistance.
If you are one of the teachers who has recently received your chromebooks, or have had them awhile and would like to improve your skill, I would love to know what you need in terms of effectively using the chromebooks? If it is a small request, please complete the JCCS Tech Request Form on this blog. I can send you instructions or create a screencast that gives you step-by-step instructions. There is also a folder of resources on this blog, JCCStech Folder, that I am starting to populate with job aids and other resources. For those recently receiving your chromebooks, there will be a two-day training soon. I wanted to get the devices in techer/student hands as quickly as possible. My hope is that by experiencing the chromebooks in the classroom environment, you will come to the training with questions and a strong desire to learn more.

For those who are already effectively using technology in your classrooms, I need your awesome. As I am basically, technology party of one, it would be great to tap into the amazing resources that JCCS currently has, you! What are your passionate about? What technology would you love to share if we had our own mini tech summit? What would you love to talk about in a Google Hangout on Air that we could share with all teachers? Please, please, complete the I Would Love to Share form. I will then communicate with you to discuss ways in which we can share your awesome with your peers.

Be Awesome,
jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment